Excitement is the word of the day, because the LEGO® Group just announced one of the most anticipated sets of January 2020. Today, we see the first images of the Creator Expert Bookshop (10270). Many new set images made the rounds on the internet over the last few weeks. However, the LEGO® Group was tight-lipped when it came to this set. The wait was worth it though, and now AFOLs really have a set to look forward to.
For the last several years, I feel as if the LEGO® Group has been reading my mind. Every time I think of a shop that my custom city needs, the LEGO® Group pops out a set with exactly what I was looking for. Building a bookstore has been on my list of MOCs-to-make for a while now. I am excited to see this one in more detail. Another townhouse is long overdue as well, considering that the last one we got was with the 2011 Pet Shop, which was retired three years ago. To make this even more exciting, separate baseplates support each building, just like its predecessor. Therefore, you can display these buildings in your own city together or separately.
In terms of set specifics, the Bookshop contains 2504 bricks. The retail price is $199.99 in Canada ($179.99 US, £149.99, ~€159.99), meaning $0.08/brick. Consequently, the value of this set is excellent. While Creator Expert modular buildings tend to be a good value, this one in particular is a refreshing change. Though it has 65 bricks less than last year’s Corner Garage, it also costs $70 less and is a better value per brick.
Click here to read my Corner Garage review.
In addition to a great price, the Bookshop also includes five Minifigures. While they do not appear to be anything overly new, color variants of some interesting pieces were included. Incidentally, I am referring to the black, poufy hair and the green scarf. The pictures show loads of accessories as well, including a copy of “Moby Brick” to sell at the bookstore.
I will be picking up the new Bookshop quickly. These Creator Expert modular buildings are always a highlight of my year. What do you think of the latest set in the series? Be sure to comment below, or shout out on social media. I have included more images and the official press release (compliments of the LEGO® Ambassador Network) for you below.
Until next time,
Creator Expert Bookshop Press Release
Build and display a quaint bookshop and modular town house
Recreate the charm of a backstreet bookshop that you might discover in any European village or town with this LEGO® Creator Expert collectors’ toy. The 3-story bookshop and adjoining modular town house building is filled with fun building techniques and surprising details, including a display window, reading nook and an open-out design. Collectors will love to display this big 2,504-piece LEGO set proudly alongside their other modular buildings.
An ever-growing modular house collection
The LEGO Creator Expert Modular Buildings series is a premium collection of advanced, interconnecting buildings featuring authentic designs from around the world.
LEGO sets that bring passion to life
LEGO Creator Expert building sets are for adults and teenagers with a passion. From authentic buildings and classic cars to other objects of desire, Creator Expert advanced LEGO sets offer a world of nostalgia, escapism, self-expression, pure enjoyment and surprise.
- An advanced LEGO® Creator Expert Modular Buildings set bookshop with adjoining town house packed with surprising details and unexpected features that teenagers and adults will enjoy building and displaying with pride.
- This big 3-story LEGO® set features so many details, including a display window, bookshelves, reading nook and living spaces in the town house. 5 minifigures also help to really bring this collectors’ toy to life.
- This set is part of the Modular Buildings series – an ever-growing collection of interconnecting model toy buildings that combine to create amazing street scenes that builders and collectors love to own and display.
- With 2,504 pieces, this LEGO® building set for adults and teenagers makes an inspirational birthday, Christmas or special-occasion gift.
- Measuring over 11” (29cm) high, 9” (25cm) wide and 9” (25cm) deep, this buildable model makes for an impressive display piece on its own or as part of a larger Modular Buildings series street scene.
- No batteries required… this advanced building set runs on the pure power of imagination and creativity.
- With colorful, step-by-step building instructions, this advanced set offers a rewarding building experience, whether you’re building alone or sharing the experience with a loved one.
- LEGO® Creator Expert modular house toys immerse teenagers and adults in challenging builds based on things they’re passionate about, including classic cars, authentic buildings, fairground rides and much more.
- Since 1958, LEGO® bricks have been tested to the highest industry standards to ensure consistency and compatibility, and that they connect and pull apart easily every time.
- At the LEGO Group, we drop, heat, crush, twist and analyze LEGO® pieces to make sure every building set meets the highest global safety and quality standards.
Available directly from LEGO Stores & LEGO.com from 1st January, 2020
Want to support True North Bricks?
If you like the content at True North Bricks, please follow on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter for regular updates. Additionally, you can support True North Bricks by making your LEGO® (and other) purchases using the links in the menu to the right. These affiliate links earn me a little commission at no extra cost to you, thus helping to manage the cost of running this blog. Thanks for your support!
One thought on “Creator Expert Bookshop (10270)”
Comments are closed.