Some pretty exciting news has been released today by the LEGO® Group. On June 1, a new set will be released in the Creator Expert series, and it will be the NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander (set 10266). I absolutely love the science themed sets, so this one has me over the moon (sorry… I couldn’t resist).
This set looks pretty amazing, and that should come as no surprise since it was actually designed in cooperation with NASA. The set was developed to celebrate the upcoming 50th anniversary of the first time mankind landed on the moon, which took place on July 20, 1969. The Lunar Lander comes loaded with details, including separable descent and ascent modules, and a lunar surface display base. You also get two Minifigures, whom I can only assume are meant to pay homage to Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin, the actual two astronauts who first set foot on the moon.
In terms of specifics, Canadian collectors can expect the following:
- Price: $139.99
- Bricks: 1087
- Release date: June 1, 2019
- Dimensions: over 20 cm high, 22 cm wide, 20 cm deep
With the announcement of the Apollo 11 Lunar Lander, in addition to the upcoming mission to Mars sets from the City theme, it looks like we are in for a real space themed summer. The best part is that these are all realistic sets. I absolutely can’t wait. How about you? Feel free to leave your thoughts on the set in the comments section. You can also browse some more set pics, and real the official press release below.
Until next time,
p.s. If you like the content at True North Bricks, I would love it if you followed me here on WordPress (click the “follow” option in the menu at the bottom of the page), Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter for regular updates. You can also support True North Bricks at no extra cost to yourself by shopping using the affiliate links in the menu to the right. Thanks for your support!
Celebrate space exploration with the NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander!This press release and all images in this article were provided by the LEGO® Ambassador Network. ©2019 The LEGO® Group.
Celebrate man’s first moon landing with this LEGO® Creator Expert 10266 NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander building set—developed in cooperation with NASA to mark the 50th anniversary of a historical event that captivated the world. This collectible model features a highly detailed replica of Apollo 11’s Eagle lunar module, plus a depiction of the lunar surface, complete with crater, footprints and a U.S. flag. The descent stage comes with gold-colored landing pads and panels, opening camera and laser hatches, and a ladder, while the ascent stage has a detailed interior with room for 2 astronauts. Finished with an Apollo 11 Lunar Lander nameplate, this display model makes a great centerpiece for the home or office and provides a challenging and rewarding building experience full of nostalgia. Includes 2 astronaut minifigures with NASA decoration and golden helmets.
· Includes 2 astronaut minifigures with NASA decoration and golden helmets.
· This advanced LEGO® set features a detailed replica of the Eagle lunar lander with separate ascent and descent stages, plus a depiction of the lunar surface with crater, footprints and a U.S. flag.
· Descent stage features new-for-June-2019 gold-colored landing pads and panels, opening camera and laser hatches and a ladder.
· Ascent stage features a detailed interior with room for 2 astronaut minifigures.
· Celebrate space exploration with this highly detailed display model.
· Accessory elements include a brick-built video camera and laser reflector.
· New-for-June-2019 decorated elements include an Apollo 11 Lunar lander nameplate and golden elements.
· Measures over 7” (20 cm) high, 8” (22cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep.
Available directly from LEGO Stores & shop.LEGO.com from 1 June, 2019