January 25, 2020 marked the dawning of the Year of the Rat in the Chinese zodiac. As a result, the LEGO® Group celebrated by issuing a gift-with-purchase featuring a buildable rat. Availability of the promotion ran from January 13-26 with purchases over $80. Due to a complication that arose in redeeming my VIP points and the amazing customer service at my local LEGO® Store (click here to read all about it), I received two of these sets. Additionally, random acts of kindness from friends, family, and strangers this month have left me feeling happy. So, I have decided to pay it forward with a Year of the Rat contest.
How do you enter the Year of the Rat Contest?
As many of you know, I like to draw and color in addition to building with LEGO® bricks. Consequently, my drawings often take the form of Minifigures that end up here as coloring pages. Just like building with LEGO® bricks, coloring is a great way to relax and de-stress. This contest aims to do both! De-stress by coloring in a Minifigure coloring page, and you might win a free Year of the Rat LEGO® kit to build and de-stress some more! To enter the contest:
- Download any coloring page from True North Bricks.
- Print and color the page.
- Snap a photo of your work.
- Post your photo on Instagram and include that you are entering the @truenorthbricks coloring contest for a Year of the Rat (40355) set in your description, as well as the tag #TrueNorthBricksColoring.
- Like True North Bricks on Instagram for regular LEGO® inspired photos (if you have not already).
- For additional chances to win, follow True North Bricks on Facebook and/or Twitter!
- This contest is aimed at AFOLs, so you have to be over 18 to enter. If you are younger than 18, please have your parents enter your coloring page for you.
What can you win?
I have one unopened Year of the Rat (40355) set to give away. The kit has 162 bricks and a retail value of $12.99 CAD. Once built, the rat features moveable hands, feet, and tail, as well as a rotating head with poseable ears. Additionally, the box contains a commemorative Year of the Rat envelope.
This contest runs for two weeks, from February 1 until the 14. I will randomly select a winner on February 15 and contact them through Instagram. Once I get a response and a shipping address, I will send the set out. Do you want to be that winner? Get coloring!
Until next time,
Want to Support True North Bricks?
If you like the content at True North Bricks, please follow on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter for regular updates. Additionally, you can support True North Bricks by making your LEGO® (and other) purchases using the links in the menu to the right. These affiliate links earn me a little commission at no extra cost to you, thus helping to manage the cost of running this blog. Thanks for your support!
One thought on “Year of the Rat Contest”
Comments are closed.