When I was young, I dreamed of living in an epic tree house of the Swiss Family Robinson variety seen in Disneyland parks. I actually felt that way right through high school. Looking back to my graduation yearbook, my blurb actually says that I would probably end up in a tree house in the jungle. While I am now a homeowner, I sadly do not live in the tree house of my childhood dreams. But, I may be able to live vicariously through my LEGO® sigfig in the near future, because the LEGO® Group is on the verge of releasing the tree house every Minifigure dreams about.
The Tree House is a LEGO® Ideas set, meaning that it was designed by a fan, achieved over 10,000 supporters, and was turned into a set by the LEGO® Group. It was designed by Kevin Feeser, and it really is something awesome to look at. It is also the now the record holder in terms of sets with the most sustainably produced parts. Every plant piece in the kit was produced using the LEGO® Group’s sugarcane derived polyethylene, which made its first appearance in 2018 (click here to read more about that).
Details abound in the Tree House set. The base appears to be brick built, and features a small stream and eating area. Stairs lead up to the actual house nestled in the branches of the tree. The house features three modules: a bathroom, and two bedrooms. One of the really neat features is that the set comes with two sets of foliage, one for summer and another for autumn. From the preliminary pictures, this set really looks awesome, and I can’t wait to see it in person.
You can read the full press release from the LEGO® Group at the bottom of this post, but here’s a rundown of what Canadian collectors can expect from the Tree House set:
NAME: Tree House
SET #: 21318
COST: $269.99 CAD
DIMENSIONS: 37 cm (high) x 27 cm (wide) x 24 cm (deep)
VIP RELEASE: July 24, 2019
GENERAL RELEASE: August 1, 2019
I am pretty excited about this set, but I would really like to hear your thoughts as well, so feel free to leave a comment below. Also, if you like the content at True North Bricks, it would be great if you followed me here on WordPress (click the “follow” option in the menu at the bottom of the page), Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter for regular updates. You can also support True North Bricks by making your LEGO® (and other) purchases using the links in the menu to the right. These affiliate links earn me a little commission at no extra cost to you, which helps manage the costs of running this site. Thanks for your support!
Until next time,
Official Press Release
Detailed Tree House model to challenge LEGO® builders and inspire endless play!
Build, display and play with this intricately detailed, 3,036-piece LEGO® Ideas 21318 Tree House playset. A complex build for experienced LEGO builders that all the family will love to play with, it features a landscape base and 3 LEGO tree house cabins—a main bedroom, bathroom and kids’ room. The tree has interchangeable sets of green summer leaf elements and yellow and brown fall leaf elements—these and various plant elements on the base are all made from sustainable-plant-based polyethylene plastic—and the treetop and cabin roofs are removable to allow easy access. The model is packed with play-inspiring features including a buildable picnic table and seats, swing, bonfire, treasure map and hidden gem element to play out a treasure hunt, and a wind-up crane on the balcony of the bedroom cabin. A great birthday gift, this unique creative toy comes with mom, dad and kids minifigures, plus a bird figure, to role-play fun family scenes. It also includes a booklet with building instructions and information about this LEGO Ideas set’s fan creator and LEGO designer.
· This LEGO® Ideas set includes 4 minifigures: mom, dad and 2 children, plus a bird figure.
· This challenging, 3,036-piece building toy features a landscape base, tree with interchangeable sets of green (summer) leaves and yellow and brown (fall) leaves, and a LEGO® Tree House with 3 cabins—main bedroom, bathroom and kids’ room.
· The treetop and cabin roofs are removable for easy access and play.
· Landscape base features a buildable picnic table with 4 minifigure seats and assorted elements to create a picnic, plus a buildable stream, swing (hanging from the tree), bonfire, hidden gem element, plant and bush elements, and a ladder to the cabins.
· Tree foliage features over 180 botanical elements made from plant-based polyethylene plastic using sustainably sourced sugarcane. Assorted plant elements around the tree are also made from this plant-based plastic. This is the first milestone in LEGO® Group’s ambitious commitment to make products using sustainable materials by 2030.
· Main bedroom cabin features a buildable bed, and assorted elements including hidden scissors (as a reference to the fan creator’s day job as a hairdresser), ship in a bottle, compass, clock plus a balcony with a hand-operated, wind-up crane to lift items up to the cabin.
· Bathroom features a buildable bathtub, toilet and sink.
· Kids’ room features bunk beds and assorted elements such as a book and treasure map.
· This LEGO® Ideas creative toy comes with a booklet with building instructions and information about this awesome set’s fan creator and LEGO designer.
· Measures over 14” (37cm) high, 10” (27cm) wide and 9” (24cm) deep.
Available directly from LEGO Stores & shop.LEGO.com from 24th July, 2019This information, as well as all of the images in this article, were provided by the LEGO® Ambassador Network. ©2019 The LEGO Group.
4 thoughts on “News: Tree House”
Looks like a great set, but it looks pretty expensive. I hope my budget will stretch to this one!
It is more pricey than I thought it would be as well.
Comments are closed.