Welcome to Bargain Bricks: Episode 5! This week, we are continuing to search through the 30 pounds of bricks I shared in Episode 3. However, unlike last week’s sojourn into Star Wars with the Sith Nightspeeder, this week we return to Pirates (like episode one). Not only that, we are looking at the Imperial Flagship (6271), which was the whole reason I bought the bin in the first place. Right out of the bin, the set was 93%. I spent a pretty penny completing it on Bricklink. However, this was one of my dream sets as a kid, and it was a blast to finally get to build one (30 years later). Catch the episode below!
ORIGINAL SET DETAILS
- NAME: Imperial Flagship
- SET #: 6271
- THEME: Pirates
- ORIGINAL COST: $54.99 CAD
- BRICK COUNT: 317
- MINIFIGURES: 4
- RELEASED: 1992
- COST-PER-BRICK: $0.17 (satisfactory by today’s standards, good for 1992)
- BRICK-TO-FIG RATIO: 79 bricks/fig (Good by today’s standards, satisfactory for 1992)
MARCH 2022 DETAILS
- BIN COST: $280.00 CAD
- MASS OF LEGO® IN BIN: 13.6 kg
- $/GRAM OF LEGO® IN BIN: $0.02 CAD
- SET MASS FROM BIN: 462.6 g
- COST OF PARTS FROM BIN: $6.66 CAD
- SET % COMPLETE: 93%
- $ TO COMPLETE SET: $118.70 CAD
- TOTAL $ OF SET: $127.95 CAD
- AVERAGE USED VALUE ON BRICKLINK: $295.00 CAD
- I SAVED: $176.30 CAD
Want to support True North Bricks?
If you like the content at True North Bricks, please follow on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, or YouTube for regular updates. Additionally, you can support True North Bricks by making your LEGO® (and other) purchases using the links in the main menu. As an affiliate of those retailers, we earn from qualifying purchases. These earnings come at no extra cost to you but help to keep the content at True North Bricks free. Thanks for your support!