Thor: Love and Thunder is the 29th movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The film hits theaters on July 8, 2022. The story focuses on Thor’s ex-girlfriend, Jane Foster, acquiring Thor’s powers. Interestingly, a new set recently popped up on the official LEGO® site that ties into the film. The Goat Boat reveal features a tease of things to come in the movie with the ship’s “Asgard Tours” labelling. Additionally, AFOL fans of past Vikings sets acquire a cross-theme piece to modify through this kit. This set joins the growing lineup of April 2022 releases, which already includes several new Jurassic World sets.
- NAME: The Goat Boat
- SET #: 76208
- THEME: Marvel Superheroes
- COST: $64.99 CAD
- BRICK COUNT: 564
- MINIFIGURES: 5
- RELEASE DATE: April 26, 2022
- COST/BRICK: $0.115 (good value)
- BRICK-TO-FIG RATIO: 113 bricks/fig (very good fig count for a set this size)
- OFFICIAL PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: The longboat is drawn through the skies by legendary goats Toothgnasher and Toothgrinder, who are raised off the ground so kids can easily push the ship along as they play. The set includes 5 minifigures – Thor, Mighty Thor, Valkyrie, Korg and Gorr – and a host of weapons and accessories, including Thor’s Stormbreaker axe. A central cabin features an opening roof for access to extra play space inside. Authentic accessories – including a boat wrench, fire extinguisher, map of New Asgard, bottle and a sunstone crystal – further inspire imaginative play.
LEGO® goat figurine fans can go on dreaming about the return of the coveted piece with this set. The only goats we see in the Goat Boat reveal are brick built. However, you get a solid number of great looking minifigs, and a nice Viking ship design. It is not difficult to imagine minor changes to the boat for it to feature in a Viking MOC display. Additionally, the set’s value is good. Marvel and Viking fans get a good deal here. What do you think of the Goat Boat? Let us know in the comments below or reach out on social media.
Until next time,
Want to support True North Bricks?
If you like the content at True North Bricks, please follow on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, or YouTube for regular updates. Additionally, you can support True North Bricks by making your LEGO® (and other) purchases using the links in the main menu. As an affiliate of those retailers, we earn from qualifying purchases. These earnings come at no extra cost to you but help to keep the content at True North Bricks free. Thanks for your support!