A new LEGO® set will be hitting store shelves very soon. On November 1, 2019, we will be getting the Ideas Dinosaur Fossils kit. Included in the set will be fully articulated, scale models of a Tyrannosaurus rex, triceratops, and pteranodon. Now, before any dinosaur enthusiasts complain, I am aware that the pteranodon is not a dinosaur. The LEGO® Group is as well; the press release clearly states that it is a pterosaur reptile. However, don’t feel bad if you got a little judgmental. I admit that I am guilty too. My first thought upon seeing the box was “that is not a dinosaur.”
Pterosaurs aside, I am looking forward to Dinosaur Fossils. I have long been dreaming of building a custom natural history museum for my city. My original intent was to place my Jurassic World dinosaur figurines on display in the main hall. However, this set might fit the bill a little better. I really like the level of articulation shown in the pictures. It will make dynamic poses, like those seen in real museums, possible for my displays.
Ideas Dinosaur Fossils Specs:
In terms of what fans can expect:
- Name: Dinosaur Fossils
- Set #: 21320
- Theme: Ideas
- Brick Count: 910
- Minifigures: 1 + 1 skeleton
- Cost: $79.99 CAD
- Release Date: November 1, 2019
- Of Interest: the T. rex (largest model) will be 40 cm (15”) long, and 20 cm (7”) high.
If you hail from somewhere other than Canada, this set will set you back $59.99 USD, $99.99 AUD, £54.99 GBP, and €54.99-74.95 depending on which European country you live in.
I have included the official press release for your reading pleasure below. Please feel free to also leave your thoughts on this new set in the comments section, or shout out to me on social media.
Until next time,
Ideas Dinosaur Fossils Press Release
Collectible LEGO® Ideas Dinosaur Fossils toy for display!
Learn about life on Earth millions of years ago and create a stunning centerpiece with this collectible LEGO® Ideas 21320 Dinosaur Fossils toy building kit for adults. This 910-piece set offers an immersive, creative building experience for natural history enthusiasts who will appreciate the authentic details of the 2 dinosaur skeleton models (Tyrannosaurus rex and Triceratops) and the pterosaur reptile (Pteranodon) skeleton toy. The models are built to 1:32 scale, can be adjusted into lifelike poses and each one comes with its own stand so they can be placed alongside the included sapiens skeleton figure for a museum-style display. To complete the set, there’s also a paleontologist toy minifigure with various accessories for imaginative role-play fun. All in all, this archaeology toy makes a great dinosaur gift for adults to build solo or to share their passion for natural history with family and friends.
- A wonderfully detailed dinosaur fossils set featuring buildable, posable, 1:32 scale toy models of Tyrannosaurus rex, Triceratops and Pteranodon skeletons, each with display stands to create LEGO® style natural history museum exhibits.
- Also includes a sapiens skeleton figure with a display stand, and a paleontologist toy minifigure with a buildable crate, plus dinosaur egg, bone, hat and book elements for creative role-play.
- This collectible LEGO® Ideas dinosaur toy set includes 910 pieces for an immersive, rewarding building experience.
- New to LEGO® building? Don’t worry. This paleontologist kit comes with a booklet featuring easy-to-follow building instructions, fascinating facts about the Tyrannosaurus rex, Triceratops and Pteranodon, and information about the set’s fan creator and LEGO® designer.
- Makes a wonderful paleontologist gift toy for LEGO® builders aged 16+ and anyone with a passion for natural history and dinosaurs.
- The pterosaur and dinosaur skeleton toy models make an eye-catching display. The T. rex toy skeleton is the biggest of the 3, measuring over 7” (20cm) tall and 15” (40cm) long.
Available directly from LEGO Stores & LEGO.com from 1 November, 2019