Today, we’ll be taking a look at the worldwide cost of set 60158 – the Jungle Cargo Helicopter. If you have missed earlier parts of this series, you can check them out using the following links:
- Part I: the average cost of a set in the Jungle Exploration theme
- Part II: the average cost of the Air Drop Helicopter around the world
- Part III: the average cost of the Jungle Exploration Site around the world
- Part IV: the average cost of the Jungle Mobile Lab around the world
- Part V: the average cost of the Halftrack Mission around the world
I have to say that this is one of the sets that I find least attractive in the Jungle Exploration subtheme. In a theme where helicopters and ATVs abound, this set does not offer anything new. Granted, it is cheaper than many of the other sets, but is also does not come with any animals. And, no, I do not count the spider as an animal in this case. Other figurines, like the crocodile and big cats, do get Minifigure status in my eyes. But, the spider? It is more of an accessory in my books. However, you get two Minifigures, and 201 bricks. That gives this set a brick-to-Minifigure ratio of about 101:1, which is pretty good.
In Canada, this set retails for $29.99. With the aforementioned brick count, that means that each piece will cost you about $0.15, which is a little above average ($0.14). Internationally, this set averages at a cost of $31.18, with a standard deviation of $3.79. So, out of the Jungle sets I have reviewed so far, this one is the most consistently priced around the world. It has a mean of about $0.16 per brick around the world.
The bar graph above shows the cost of the Cargo Helicopter in various countries around the world, converted into Canadian dollars. The best place to buy this set abroad is the United States, though the UK is not far behind. For most sets in this theme, it is cheaper to buy them in Canada as opposed to the USA. This set is an exception.
The countries where you can buy this set, in order from best to worst value, are (rounded to the nearest dollar):
- USA ($26 CAD)
- UK ($27 CAD)
- Czech Republic, Poland ($28 CAD)
- Australia, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Portugal, Spain, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Austria, Italy ($29 CAD)
- Canada ($30 CAD)
- Hungary ($31 CAD)
- Switzerland ($33 CAD)
- Denmark ($36 CAD)
- Finland, Norway, Sweden ($37 CAD)
- New Zealand ($38 CAD)
Sadly, New Zealand once again finds itself at the bottom of the list, with the Fennoscandic nations not far behind. Be sure to let me know your thoughts in comments below. Also, come back tomorrow for the conclusion to the Canadian Traveler’s Guide to Buying LEGO!
Until next time,